Monday, August 19, 2013

Coffee Talk....2 simple ways you can start a movement

This morning while I laid in bed, I was reading an article on CNN on " the man". It showed photos of silent protest, that sparked change. So I changed the background of my page today because I found a picture to be quite poignant.

John Lennon and Yoko Ono, followed in the footsteps of the civil rights movement, and Rosa Parks, hosted a sit in, however they called it a " bed in". They did it in two very famous locations. One in Montreal,

and another here, in Amsterdam. in 1969, at the Hilton Hotel.

I want to ride over there today on my bike, and just see if I can see the same room. How cool would that be?

Progress will be reported later....

They did this as their own personal way to start a movement for peace, against the war in Vietnam. They used their celebrity status, to become a conversation starter, or a " coffee talk". They just laid in bed, for 7 days at this hotel, and allowed press to take pictures.

How can you start a movement, for change. How can you start a conversation thats important to you( more than Justin Bieber or Snookie as a topic)

1. Be original- Do something different thats never been done before. don't be lazy, and don't be afraid. Just do it. John Lennon and Yoko ono used a bed, i'm using this blog, Anderson Cooper uses his shows on CNN, Nelson Mandela used peaceful protest and words,  what can you use?

2. Have a conviction. Whats important to you, and what do you stand for, if anything. Chances are if you have a certain opinion on a topic, theres always 1 more person, potentially thousands, that can hear you, will agree, and will (hopefully) support you in that change, for the better.




Monst3r



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!! Share the word !

4 minutes video please watch

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
Preparing the biggest and most exciting move of my life. To the netherlands!

Follow by Email

Monst3r Blog

Monst3r Blog
Official Logo Monst3r Blog is a registered trademark of the Oranje Umbrella Co.

twitter my twit

Expat Blog Community

Expat Amsterdam

Total Monst3r Viewers